Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Blog Assignment #6

                                                         

                                                      Final Course Reflection 

 

Unlike as any other English course I have taken before, this technical writing class came out to be totally different from what I was expecting to see. I liked the approach of teaching this course, and think that research, blogging, and technology topics made it very interesting. I learned something that was interesting for me, and a great thing is that I will use a knowledge that took from this class.

I learned what is technical writing, and how to write Memo, Technical Description, and a Recommendation Paper documents. Another valuable experience that I gained from this ENG259 course is to how to do citation in APA format. Citation provide original sources for people who read read your paper, and makes the paper more effective and convincing.  In such a field like engineering it is crucial to know how to do these type of papers. As LaGuardia students we have access to thousands of articles in our Library Databases. It is a great source for finding any type of information, which helps to perform a research.

I did not know much about blogging when we started this course, but I know how to write and follow other professional blogs now. It is interesting, but most importantly is that we as engineers have to stay in touch with latest technologies, and blogging is one of the best ways to do it. Also I did not have any experience writing technical papers before, so I improved my writing skills during this course. Now I know what types of technical papers I can write and what purpose they serve. In addition, I would like to thank for that great experience that I had in this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment