Monday, April 29, 2013

Blog Assignment #3


                                                     Sharing a Professional Memo


I addressed my memo paper to a traffic scenario because this is a real-life issue on our LaGuardia campus. It based on idea that students and people who work here have to commute to/from LaGuardia with awareness of traffic condition. A recent accident near C-Building when a van struck students on a sidewalk made me concerned about campus safety, so I decided to examine this problem in my memo. I came up with a solution to build two underpasses across M- and C-Building, so pedestrians could cross Thomson Ave quickly (E-building traffic light is very short for pedestrians). On the other hand, this solution would benefit traffic flow on Thompson Ave as well. There is a sample of my paper:     

"The potential “underpass M” across M-Building will allow students to get quickly and safely under busy Thompson Ave to Seven Eleven convenience store, or to a bus stop. At the same time, it will improve a traffic flow on Thomson Ave, and decrease accident risks. The extension of “underpass M” will also provide for students to get to the cellar of M-Building from either side of Thompson Ave. The goal of “underpass C” across C-Building is to secure students and other pedestrians from walking over the Thompson Ave, and to minimize accident risks."

This was a different type of writing comparing to what I did before. This paper came out to be specific, and addressing a problem followed by a solution. To provide a possible solution, I had to do research regarding traffic scenario I have chosen. I decided that building an underpass would be the best solution. Finally, I did research on underpass, its cost, and how it can solve safety issue on LaGuardia campus in order to secure students and pedestrians.

No comments:

Post a Comment